Police Shootout at Grand Bazaar …”COP DIES AT HOSPITAL”

Spread the word

One of the policemen who was involved in the Grand Bazaar wild west shootout last Wednesday, died on Sunday night.

Sgt Darryl Honore, who was last attached to the Couva Police Station, died at 10.30 p.m. The Trinidad and Tobago Police Service tweeted the following news at 11.51 p.m. on Sunday night.

“#13118 Sgt Darryl Honore at 10.25 p.m. on 06.05.18 was pronounced dead at the Eric Williams Medical Sciences Complex. He died several days after sustaining gunshot injuries in a shooting incident at Grand Bazaar around 9.35 p.m. on 02.05.18. Investigations into the incident are ongoing.”

His colleagues said Honore went on a suicide mission last Wednesday after he lost his wife to a divorce and his house through the divorce. “He felt he had nothing to live for that is why he confronted the other officer the other night. The question which remains now is whether the other officer can be accused of using excessive force in this matter as Honore was shot multiple times after he was chased throughout the Grand Bazaar compound.”

According to police reports, the shoot-out took place about 9.30 p.m. on Wednesday.

A corporal, who is attached to the Inter Agency Task Force, had entered the restaurant to purchase food for himself, as well as another officer attached to the Task Force.

At the time, he was in the company of another female officer, who works with the Crime Scenes Unit.

However, upon entering the building, the corporal saw Honore and immediately left and walked downstairs.

Honore was then heard telling the corporal loudly, “You make meh loss meh wife and meh house, and I ain’t taking that tonight!” before he pulled out a firearm and shot at his junior.

The corporal drew his licensed firearm and returned fire.

Two security officers attached to Telecom Security Services, Nigel Renwick and Phillip Blackburn, quickly responded and grabbed the female officer, who was standing in front of Ruby Tuesday, and pulled her to safety.

The officers then called for assistance.

The corporal and Honore were then seen running in a southerly direction through the car park, firing shots at one another.

Both wounded men were rushed to the Eric Williams Medical Sciences Complex.

Part of the incident was captured on CCTV cameras outside the restaurant, and have been handed over to investigators.

The corporal was discharged from the Eric Williams Medical Sciences Complex last Thursday and is on seven days’ sick leave.

Inline image
Inline image

Related Posts

National Award for Madeira …”BUT WHAT HAS HE DONE?”
7 murders in last 24 hours …”KILLERS ON THE RAMPAGE”

Leave a Reply