Mass killings in Las Vegas …”HUNT FOR TRINI FAMILIES”

Spread the word

The search is on Monday for a number of Trinidad and Tobago families who are vacationing in Las Vegas, Nevada.

This follows the mass shooting by a lone gunman who killed 50 persons and wounded another 200 at at outdoor concert on Sunday night.

A number of Trinidad and Tobago families are reported to be vacationing in Las Vegas at this time. Relatives in Trinidad and Tobago have been trying to make contact with their loved ones in Las Vegas.

So far, several families in Las Vegas are from Chaguanas, Diego Martin, San Fernando, Trincity, Palmiste, and Maraval.

Hundreds of bullets rained down on a jam-packed outdoor concert at the Mandalay Bay Hotel and Casino along the Las Vegas Strip late Sunday, killing at least 50 people and 200 in what is now the worst mass public shooting in United States history.

The gunman fired numerous rounds from his 32nd floor perch, injuring more than 200 revelers listening to country musician Jason Aldean during the Route 91 Harvest festival around 10 p.m. local time.

Bursts of automatic gunfire continued even as Aldean fled the stage and his music came to a halt. Screaming concertgoers ran for their lives, tripping over each other while trying to escape — not knowing where the gunfire was coming from, according to horrific footage of the attack.

Police rushed to the hotel and searched floor-by-floor before cornering the suspected shooter in a room on the 32nd floor. Officers blasted open the door and killed the gunman.

Clark County Sheriff Joe Lombardo identified the shooter as Stephen Paddock, 64, and said he lived in the Las Vegas area. He likely acted alone, the sheriff said.

The gunman’s deadly carnage waged from the high-rise hotel was evident on the deserted concert grounds below.

Multiple people, some covered in blood, could be seen lying on the grass while others in cowboy hats and blue jeans cowered close to the ground, which was littered with abandoned cups and aluminum cans minutes after the attack.

Lombardo said a pair of on-duty police officers were shot in massacre, earlier nothing that an unspecified number of off-duty police officers were among the dead, including one of his deputies.

Several members of another police force from southern California were among the concertgoers.

A statement from the Bakersfield Police Department said one of their off-duty cops suffered non-life threatening injuries. The officer was not immediately identified.

The visiting officers were unable to return fire, the statement read.

Another officer from an unspecified agency was critically wounded.

Hours after the attack, Aldean issued a statement telling worried fans he and his crew escaped the stage unharmed.

“Tonight has been beyond horrific. I still don’t know what to say but wanted to let everyone know that Me and my Crew are safe,” Aldean said in an Instagram post.

The artist that opened for Aldean, Jake Owens, warned his Twitter followers about the attack, which occurred on the third night of the Las Vegas festival “Gun shots!!! Vegas. Pray to god. Love you guys. Love you Pearl,” Owens tweeted, mentioning his young daughter.

Stampedes of frightened people flooded multiple streets along the Strip — and a runway at the nearby McCarran International Airport. The panic prompted the airport to halt all flights for hours as police investigated the shooting.

Brooklyn poker player James (Action Jim) Boccanfuso and his pal, Ruslan Krasikov, missed the bloodshed by minutes. The New Yorkers left Mandalay Bay in an Uber for their flight to Chicago, and encountered floods of people, some bloodied, looking for refuge at the airport.

The terrified concertgoers tried opening the Uber car doors, “thinking the doors were unlocked,” Krasikov said.

“They were begging to get into the car with us,” Boccanfuso told the Daily News. “Never in my life did I see people running for their lives.”

“The people were scared to death,” he said.

The wounded inundated at least three hospitals in the Las Vegas area. Half of the injured — including a dozen in critical condition — were taken to UMC Hospital.

Police radio transmissions revealed a chaotic, confusing scene, with SWAT officers closing in on the suspect and other police units scrambling to nearby hotels to determine if multiple reports of additional shootings were real, diversions or false alarms.

MGM Resorts International said in a statement that it locked down many of its nearby hotels due to the spreading chaos along the southern end of the Strip, per the advice of law enforcement.

Lombardo said authorities found two vehicles believed to be associated with the suspected shooter, and located his roommate, identified as Marilou Danley, who was wanted for questioning.

News of the deadly attack garnered touching remarks from the Orlando Police Department, which faced its own tragic mass shooting at the Pulse nightclub in 2016.

“We are horrified by the devastating shooting attack in Las Vegas. Thinking of all residents & visitors of LV & our brothers & sisters,” the Florida police force tweeted.

London Mayor Sadiq Khan sent his best wishes from England.

President Donald Trump has offered his “warmest condolences” to the victims of the Las Vegas concert massacre, believed to be the worst mass shooting in American history.

More than 50 people were killed and more than 200 wounded after suspected shooter Stephen Paddock opened fire on those at the Route 91 Harvest Music Festival Sunday night, according to police.

 

Image result for shooting in las vegas
856520308
Image result for shooting in las vegas
Image result for shooting in las vegas
Image result for shooting in las vegas
Image result for shooting in las vegas
Image result for shooting in las vegas
Image result for shooting in las vegas
SCENES FROM THE LAS VEGAS SHOOTING

Related Posts

Time for the Minister to talk about security …”TESTING CLINIC FOUND”
Government and unions meet …”NO BACKING DOWN”
Judge’s relative killed in Fyzabad

Leave a Reply