Market vendor shot dead …”WANTED SHOOTER CAPTURED”

Spread the word
A man wanted for a spate of shootings in east Trinidad has been captured and a market vendor has been shot dead.

Police arrested a man, 27, for the shooting incidents in Rampanalagas Village.

Sixteen charges were laid against the wanted man and he will appear before a Sangre Grande magistrate on Monday.

Over the weekend, police went to Rampanalagas where the wanted man was confronted and arrested. He was taken to the Sangre Grande Police Station where he was interrogated and statements recorded. He was then charged with 16 offences, including eight counts of shooting with intent, possession of a firearm and ammunition, discharging a firearm to endanger lives, possession of an unlicensed firearm and malicious damage to a vehicle.

Villagers had been living in fear because of frequent shootings in the peaceful village of Rampanalgas. Two people were killed, several wounded and an 80-year-old pensioner was shot.

Villagers were forced into self-imposed curfews starting at 7 pm.


Police are now investigating the murder of a market vendor in Tunapuna on Sunday.

The dead man has been identified as Wayne ‘Jarro’ Clarke.

Police said Clarke was at his stall at the corner of Green and Balthazar Street around 11.30 am when he was attacked.

When police arrived on the scene the found Clarke on the ground with a gunshot wound to the head.

Police said Clarke was a former prisoner, having been released from prison 20 years ago.


Police are searching for a man who shot two security guards at a casino in Curepe on Saturday afternoon.

According to reports, around 2 pm a gunman entered the Jamlong Casino at Curepe Junction.

Video footage of the shooting was shared on social media sites.

The gunman entered the casino appearing to look for someone.

However, before he exited the casino he opened fired on the two security officers.

In the video shared on social media a female was heard pleading “Singh, please don’t die.”

The security officers were rushed to the Eric Williams Medical Sciences Complex, Mount Hope, to undergo medical attention.

They were said to be in stable condition.

Police are investigating another report that the shooter was thrown out of the casino days before and he returned seeking revenge on the guards.

Staff at the casino remain traumatized as they are fearful that the shooter will return to the premises.

Police say they know the identity of the shooter.

Inline image

Inline image

Related Posts

National Award for Madeira …”BUT WHAT HAS HE DONE?”
7 murders in last 24 hours …”KILLERS ON THE RAMPAGE”

Leave a Reply