ELECTROCUTED AT WORK SITE

Spread the word

A worker was electrocuted while working on a roof at an apartment complex in La Romaine on Tuesday.

Stanley Thomas, 53, died at the San Fernando General Hospital.

Reports state that Thomas was carrying a steel beam when it came into contact with high-tension wires at Canaan Road around 9.45 a.m.

Nickchan Ramdial, a colleague, said he was on the lower floor when he heard Thomas scream out.
“They say ‘Tall Man’ get shocked. I ran up the scaffolding and saw that he came in contact with the high-tension wires. Someone hit him down and I held on to him. He was bleeding from the head. I held on to him until the ambulance arrived,” he said.

Fire appliances from Mon Repos Fire Station and Trinidad and Tobago Electricity Commission (T&TEC) employees responded to the report.

Fire officers assisted in removing Thomas from the 20-foot high building.

Thomas, of Maracas, St Joseph, was taken to San Fernando General Hospital where he died while undergoing treatment.

Ramdial said: “We started working together about two weeks before Christmas. He was a good man. We had a Christmas lime and he was very happy. This morning we make jokes and then started to work.”

THE BUILDING AT CANAAN ROAD, LA ROMAINE

Related Posts

Cuban released from the Detention Center
West Indies name one day squad …NO BRAVO, POLLARD, NARINE
Another deadly terrorist attack in Europe …SUSPECT KILLED BY POLICE

Leave a Reply