Chinese businessman shot dead …”WOMAN STABBED IN CITY”

Spread the word

Police are investigating two murders – one a Chinese businessman, and the other, a woman stabbed by her estranged boyfriend.

Police are trying to determine the motive behind the execution carried out on Chinese businessman, Chen Zhi Zhong at his supermarket in Princes Town on Sunday.

Police believe that Zhong, 24, was killed by the Chinese mafia, although they are yet to determine a motive.

According to reports, just after midday, Chen was sitting next to the cashier when a man walked into the Karvill Supermarket at Manahambre Road, and bought a pack of juice.

The man was barefooted and wore a black Nike Jumpman hoodie. He approached the cashier with a bottle of Minute Maid orange juice.

CCTV footage showed the gunman lurking around the area, checking out the snack shelves near the cashier for several minutes as other customers shopped.

When the supermarket cleared up, the gunman spoke to Chen briefly before pulling out a gun and shooting him in his face. The gunman then ran out of the supermarket and entered a silver hatchback that was waiting for him.

Chen was taken to the Princes Town District Health Facility where he later died.

According to CCTV footage, the suspect lives at Tarodale Gardens, Ste Madeleine. He is wanted by the police in relation to several other murders in the Southern Division.

Chen, a Chinese national, had been living in Trinidad for several years and opened the supermarket three years ago in a building that he rented from a Princes Town family.


Tyesha De Sousa, 21, was stabbed to death by a man who chased her along Charlotte Street, Port-of-Spain.

According to reports, around 3.50 am on Sunday, De Sousa, of Trou Macaque, Laventille, was in a vehicle driven by a 31-year-old man along Charlotte Street, Port-of- Spain, near the Port-of-Spain General Hospital.

Police said the two got into a heated argument and the vehicle ran off the roadway and crashed into a wall. De Sousa ran out of the car and the driver, armed with a knife, chased after her. The man eventually caught up to her and stabbed her several times.

A soldier who was nearby, went to De Sousa’s assistance and subdued her attacker.

She was later taken to the nearby hospital. The suspect, an estranged boyfriend, was taken into custody. Investigations are continuing.

Inline image
Tyesha De Sousa

Inline image

Related Posts

National Award for Madeira …”BUT WHAT HAS HE DONE?”
7 murders in last 24 hours …”KILLERS ON THE RAMPAGE”

Leave a Reply